SAFEGUARDING AND CHILD PROTECTION SERVICE
Welcome to the webpage of the Safeguarding and Child Protection Service of the Congregation of the Passion.
The Passionists of St. Patrick’s Province are committed to creating a safe, healthy and inclusive environment for all, particularly the children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom we work. The participation of children, young people and vulnerable adults is valued and encouraged by all Passionists in their pastoral ministry and in activities that enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional and social development. The Passionists recognize the dignity and rights of all children, young people and vulnerable adults and are committed to their support and safeguarding.
The Passionists undertake to ensure through best practice to create a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults and to ensure their protection from all forms of abuse.
The Passionists are committed to:
1. Best practice in ensuring the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults, protecting their rights and promoting their welfare.
2. Minimizing risks in order to safeguard the interests of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
3. Ensuring that all Passionists, and their paid employees and volunteers, are carefully recruited, selected, trained, supported and supervised.
4. Ensuring that all Passionists, their paid employees and volunteers are aware of, trained in and work to the Code of Behaviour for working with Children.
5. Supporting all victims of abuse.
6. Reporting concerns to statutory agencies and involving parents, carers, children, young people and vulnerable adults appropriately; and working closely with statutory authorities to ensure that all allegations of abuse are dealt with justly and promptly.
Our Policy for Safeguarding Children can be found here.
Passionist Provincial Office
St Paul’s Retreat
Tel (01) 4992050
Fax (01) 4992055